Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Southern hospitality

Today I'm in Atlanta, Georgia for a few meetings. Overall it's pretty city, with surprisingly little graphiti for a major city. The landscape is surprisingly similar to Dallas, fairly flat with a few tall buildings and spread-out. Lots of dense green trees in the distance crowded up next to the buildings.

As urban myth has it, Southern hospitality is quite friendly. People talk to you when getting on and off the elevator. Kind of odd, but I'm getting use to the "Ya'll" greeting. It's catchy.
We ventured over to South City Kitchen for dinner tonight. It was a more up-scale "traditional" southern food restaurant. I had the Slow Smoked Pork BBQ & Prawns for an appetizer. Washed down with some delicious corn bread (fantastic) and local 240 pale ale. For the main dish I had the Cider and Chile Braised Pork Shank. It fell off the bone it was so tasty.

Overall, I give it two thumbs up.

No comments: