Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hale's Ales

Scott has been dying to try out our local breweries so we headed over to Hale's Aleslast night. He was especially rarin' to go since I brought home a 6-pack of the Cream Ale when I found it at Trader Joe's last week.

The brewery restaurant is your typical brewpub. Standard American food (meatloaf, sandwiches and burgers) and a big viewing area of the beer barrels and fermenting room. I guess its interesting to those who care about such things! :)

I ordered a schooner of the Cream Stout and Scott got one of the HSB Cream Ale. My mom declared she smelled liver in the Cream Stout, but I tasted no such thing! It was a lot lighter than I thought it would be - it sorta tasted like bitter water. I wasn't much in the mood for beer though so I didn't try out the other beers. They all have cute names like Troll Porter and Drawbridge Blonde. We'll probably go back, not for the food, but maybe for happy hour to try out more beer.

1 comment:

5c0tt said...

+1 for Hale's Cream Ale.
Nitrogen pours are awesome.

Ping me when you head to Redhook. They have good food and beer, plus the tour is cheap and fun.