Monday, September 8, 2008

Forks, WA

I'm currently obsessed with the Twilight series (by Stephanie Meyer). It's a pretty awful teeny-bopper soap opera all about a human teenage girl named Bella and how she falls in love with the vampire Edward. It's melodramatic, with lots of silly incidents (he saves her life a gazillion times, there are werewolves, etc) and Edward, as the hero, is completely unbelievable becuase NO guy is like that. But for some reason I'm hooked on the silly love story. It's the same feeling I get when I watch Dawson's Creek or Felicity and I'm rooting for Joey and Felicity to end up with the right guy and live happily ever after.

The series is set in Forks, WA, which is located on the Olympic Peninsula. I'm curious to go visit now. Not just Forks, but Olympic National Park in general. There should be lots of hiking to do and the mushroom festival to check out.

btw, they are making a movie based on the first book of the series. It is due out in December, and so far, I'm not digging the previews. Hopefully, the movie will be good though.

No comments: