Monday, February 2, 2009

Ski bunny

This past Sunday, while most folks were cleaning their big screen TV's and microwaving hot wings for the big game, May and I decided to head for the hills! It was an overcast day, a big contrast from all the beautiful warm sun on Saturday. After some coercing, I managed to convince May that we should stop for food at McDonald's (I love those little hamburgers). With full and greasy bellies, we made it to Snoqualmie and got on the ski lift for the bunny slope. We had a lot of fun and after 5 runs, I can definitely tell that May is ready for the advanced runs... I think her confidence grew as people left the slopes.

I made some tweaks to my bindings and after a few nose plants, I got re-acquainted with my balance. I just need 4 more sessions for the season pass to pay off... I just need my bruised buns to hold in there for a few weeks longer!

1 comment:

May said...

Hitting the slopes during the Superbowl was an awesome plan - by mid afternoon, there was no one around! It was great!