Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meaty meat pie

While I was getting my hair cut yesterday, Scott decided to check out a pub down the street from the salon called Pies & Pints. It's a place we've been wanting to try since we figured we'd both be happy there - I like meat pies and Scott likes beer! That, and we like the weird joker guy on their logo.

I joined him after my hair was cut and we opted to split the Lamb and Potato Pie and the side of Mac and Cheese. The Pie was DEEEE-lish! Nice and wintery, but not too heavy, with a light, buttery, flaky crust. Too bad it was so tiny! As you can see from the picture, the side of mac and cheese dwarfed the little meat pie. I washed it all down with a good 'ole standby: Pike's Kilt Lifter.

Verdict: Good eats! If this was walking distance to our house or if our local Naked City served these Meat Pies, we'd be there all the time! Scott is already looking forward to my next haircut appt so he can have that as an excuse to go back here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

scott, we must go here during our beer vacation.

Scott said...

Done and done. I'll add to the itinerary.