Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sedona!

Scott had a conference in Scottsdale earlier this week and since I had a few vacation days to burn before the end of the year, I decided to join him. I've been to Scottsdale only once before for work, so this time, with Way joining me, I was able to go explore a bit.

On Monday, we took off to Sedona for a day trip. Sedona is red-rock country, and had the weather been cooperating, I'm sure it would have been as beautiful as everyone says. But, there was a massive storm that day (blizzard conditions in Flagstaff to the north, and so much wind/rain in Phoenix/Scottsdale that four hospitals lost power) and most of the red rock formations were shrouded in mist. And, with the rain coming down steadily, it made everything red, muddy, and not very conducive to exploring and hiking around.

On Tuesday, we hung around Scottdale and explored old town a bit, and then met up with Scott in the afternoon for a small bite before heading to the airport. I was happy to have satisfied my Mexican food craving, hitting up several places for Mexican food. I found most of it pretty good, but a little smokier/sweeter than I am used to. I guess they have more of a tex-mex flavor?

No comments: