Monday, June 29, 2009

Greenwood Car Show... Block Party Style

On Saturday, Phinney ridge hosted a car show on Greenwood Ave. It was 12 blocks full of cars from all vintages, makes and models. It ranged from a jet car to a Stanley steamer. I can't get over how many people showed up; as far as they eye could see it was wall-to-wall people. Food stands all over the place looked quite tasty. All in all good fun, can't wait to do it again next year... seriously, it's that good. The key is viewing the cars early as they are arriving and before the crowds appear. Matter of fact, I should charge for parking.

I forgot to mention that on Friday evening I went with a co-worker for a sail around Lake Washington. The weather was beautiful, the boat was relaxing and I can't wait to pick me up a boat for myself! Hmmm.... what can I barter with to get a free boat.

1 comment:

May said...

Surprisingly, the car show was really neat! We took several strolls - once in the morning at around 8am, when the cars were rolling in and setting up, and then later in the afternoon when we walked down the street to get lunch. It was much easier to look at the cars early in the morning so we will have to do that again next year!