Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day(s)!

We've had a really chilly front this past week (the high is below freezing!) and the weatherman predicted that we'd get a big snowstorm yesterday. Their warnings were so dire that schools were closed in anticipation of the snow, and Scott and I decided to work from home so we wouldn't have to deal with traffic. Well, turned out Seattle saw a 'donut effect' yesterday - because we're boxed in by several mountain ranges, all of the surrounding areas got tons of snow but the city saw nothing. Nada, zilch. In fact, I saw patches of blue sky yesterday! We were sad we didn't get any snow and felt sorta cheated.

When we woke up this morning though, we were greeted with snow slowly falling and about an inch on the ground already! I guess our weather from yesterday got delayed a bit; it has been snowing steadily all day and the snow just keeps piling up! As of 3pm, we have several inches on the ground. Not much, but enough to make snowballs! Some of the neighborhood kids have even gone sledding down the street. We ventured outside for a short walk around the neighborhood to stretch our legs and play with the snow. I think everyone else is staying home today and feeling cooped up too because the streets were packed with people walking around. So far, these snow days are really fun! Can't wait to get more of them!

p.s. I realize now that I need some waterproof/snow gloves because when I wear my knit mittens, I just can't make many snowballs!

No comments: