Tuesday, August 12, 2008

vacation

Since I can't find the camera to take a pic of our awesome new living room, I have to write about something else instead. What's taking up most of my time right now is figuring out where to go on vacation this Sept! I'm so excited! We originally wanted something tropical and relaxing (but not TOO relaxing because I'm like Miranda and would go crazy) so narrowed it down to Mexico (Cabo), Maui, Costa Rica or Belize. Turns out it is rainy season in Latin America and Scott has this aversion to Mexico so we settled on Maui. With my Starwood points and Scott's travel discounts, we can get some good hotel deals!

Yesterday, I was perusing the Royal Carribean travel agent site for fun, and found a deal on a 12-day Eastern Mediterranean / Greek Isle cruise. Ports of call are Rome, Naples, Turkey, Egypt and several stops in Greece.

Now we're torn. The cruise sounds amazing and the deal is fantastic, but overall, it's more expensive than Hawaii. Factor in excursions, flights and the exchange rate and it ends up being more than we were hoping for. On the other hand, we can do Hawaii any old time! We can even save it to do when we have kids! But relaxing on a beach DOES sound nice right now.

Which to do?!? Which would you choose?

4 comments:

5c0tt said...

I'd go to Europe. Its going to be harder and harder to get there with the falling dollar vs the Euro. Airfare will continue to rise for both places but Hawaii is at least US currency.

W said...

Hands down, Europe. Much more exciting than Hawaii (to me anyway). As long as it's not stretching your $ too much, you should go!

Unknown said...

The cruise, baby. Maui is for mothers (well, not really, but I like how that sounds). It's just you can go to Hawaii with the kids, once you have them. Go to Greece!

Melissa said...

Tell Scott to stop being cheap and fork the cash over for your trip to Europe. Plus it's a nice Anniversary present to help justify the expense!