Friday, August 8, 2008

Blackberries!

I took a walk around Greenlake for my lunch break today. I was surprised at how many people there are walking around. In Westlake Village, you see lots of moms with their kids at CPK at lunchtime, but who are all these people around Greenlake that don't have to be at work at 1pm on a Friday? They must be lucky like me to be able to work from home. =P

Anyway, as I was walking along the path, I spied walls and walls of blackberry bushes starting to sprout fruit. YIPPEE! We missed the blackberries in Oregon this summer, but it looks like I can get some here! I wonder if the ones growing in Greenlake are okay to eat though.

In a related topic, we want to break up the concrete in the front of our house so we can plant some flowers instead. I was reading up on this and supposedly, the city expects the property owner to maintain that area even though it is technically owned by the city. There are rules of what you cannot plant there (fruit trees). So, no cherry trees for us!

No comments: