Thursday, April 24, 2008

Justice is served

Today I visited Seattle's City Hall and Municiple building. First of all, City Hall is very cool. I actually recommend that out-of-towners check it out for a minute. It's in the heart of downtown, has great views of the city and is quite modern.


I then went across the street to the Municiple building to visit my local magistrate (aka the Judge). There was a misunderstanding about a parking ticket I received, namely that I didn't want to pay it. Fortunately the judge agreed with me and cut it down to a "warning".


The magistrate was kind enough to fill me in on the local law, apparently in Seattle you can't park within 5 feet of a driveway, park on the parkway, nor park on the sidewalk (unfortunate news for most of my neighbors). Also, she mentioned that vehicles are considered "abandoned" after only 72 hours! Good for me, bad for the guy down the street with 7 dumpie trucks which haven't moved in the past decade.

Citizens unite!

No comments: