Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dodging the Po-Po's

May was driving home tonight on the back roads from downtown Bellevue to the 520 freeway (Microsoft alley). For some reason the traffic was abnormally bad and all the city roads were jam packed. Mind you, I distinctly remember on my driver's license exam question #10 ("...can't stop in the middle of an intersection if the car in front is blocking the way"), but the 19 year old Clyde Hill cop that pulled us over felt otherwise. After a fierce debate, the cop insisted that blocking the intersection isn't illegal but turning right from the left lane to enter the carpool lane around the blocked cars in the right lane is. Take me to see the majistrate, but I know we were in the right... I think that's why we got a warning. Question: aren't the Clyde Hill police just Bill Gates' rent-a-cops anyway?

No comments: