Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flexing my mussel muscle

Scott and I had a funtastic weekend entertaining guests from out of town. We'll post more on that later when I get our pictures in order, but for now, here's a picture of the appetizer that I made for dinner tonight. I used the mussels that I purchased yesterday at the MusselFest on Whidbey Island, and while my version wasn't quite as tasty as the ones from yesterday, I thought that they were pretty good. Especially considering it was my first time making these suckers! It was super super easy too!

I'm very happy that the PacNW has such great, fresh seafood and I can experiment with cooking it at home!

2 comments:

W said...

Wow, those look really good! Did you use the recipe we got from the festival?

May said...

unfortunately, i didn't grab the recipe from the festival!! all i did was saute some onions, garlic and tomatoes in white wine and then threw in the mussels. So easy!