Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Langer's Trip

My new boss is in LA for 3 months to meet everyone, learn the business, etc, before she heads back to her New York. So of course, we felt it was our duty to introduce her to Langers, home of the best pastrami sandwich in the world. Yes, New York included!

I always get the #44: Pastrami, saurekraut and nippy cheese. Nippy cheese is the famous word for american/velvetta. You can't go wrong with this combo - they toast the already fabulous rye bread so it's even better becuase it's slightly crunchy but still good and chewy. The tenderness of the Pastrami is offset by the crunchy saurekraut. And, I generally hate cheese on sandwiches, but they toast it all just right so the cheese is slightly melted. It's like a grown-ups grilled cheese sandwich! Heaven I tell you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Next time, I am definitely getting #44. My tried-and-true pastrami is good but yours killed.